Companies use the same methodology used internally to count their number of guests when submitting data. Traffic can be reported by guest count or transaction count as long as it's submitted in a consistent manner. For Quick Service or Fast Casual concepts a transaction count is valid. Since companies report this information consistently over time, the PPA growth will provide a steady benchmark across all segments.
Articles in this section
- 2021 Reporting Schedule
- 2020 Reporting Schedule
- What is Financial Intelligence?
- What is a DMA?
- How do you track traffic?
- How does Financial Intelligence define a comp unit?
- What are the Daypart Definitions?
- How does Financial Intelligence define a segment?
- 2018 Reporting Schedule
- 2019 Reporting Schedule